The third step toward creating a drug-free workplace is to implement a clear and consistent testing program. Drug and alcohol testing is the fastest and most effective way to deter substance abuse in your workplace, while improving employee performance and reducing employee costs. Members of the Drug-Free WorkPlace Solutions program have access to low-cost, comprehensive drug and alcohol testing services through a partnership with an industry leader.
Drug-Free WorkPlace Solutions members receive the highest level of drug testing available today. Often referred to as "the gold standard method", our drug testing follows the guidelines set forth by the federal government. You can be assured that your company's drug testing is being done fairly and accurately. Drug testing performed at this standard has withstood legal challenge and been upheld by various courts. Companies who do not conduct drug testing at this level expose themselves to unnecessary liability.
A comprehensive "gold standard" drug test consists of:
• Specimen collection by a trained collector using a strict chain of custody
• Specimen testing at a SAMHSA certified laboratory
• Testing of at least the five common illicit drugs at appropriate cut-off levels
• Integrity testing for adulterants and dilution
• Gas Chromatography, Mass Spectrometry (GC/MS) confirmation of all initial positive specimens
• Submission of both positive and negative blind quality control specimens to all laboratories
• Confidential reporting of all results, negative or positive, by a certified Medical Review Officer (MRO) to a designated representative at your company
Drug-Free WorkPlace Solutions members have access to over 100 network collection sites in PA, and over 7,000 collection sites nationwide. We have the ability to work with any collection facility, local clinic or hospital.
TEST RESULTS REPORTING
Drug-Free WorkPlace Solutions members receive negative results the next business day for most drug tests. If a test receives a positive result, which must be confirmed and verified by a MRO, then the result will usually take an additional day.
MEDICAL REVIEW OFFICER
Drug-Free WorkPlace Solutions members are provided with professional medical review services for all drug tests, and receive positive test results free of charge for non-DOT employees.
RANDOM SELECTION SERVICE
Drug-Free WorkPlace Solutions members receive random selection services at no additional cost. A computer software system is used for third party administration of DOT and other drug and alcohol random testing programs. All required reports are also included.
MOBILE ONSITE COLLECTION SERVICE
Drug-Free WorkPlace Solutions members in certain areas of PA have access to very affordable onsite collection services. Please contact us for more information on this service.